FEBRUARY HALF TERM
- Young Artists: Manga Illustration£335.00Course CodeSC1904023TutorChie KutsuwadaCourse DatesMonday - Friday, 17th August - 21st August 2020Days5Times10.00am – 4.00pmExperience LevelAges 12-16, All LevelsFee£335LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRIn this NEW course students will learn all basic knowledge and techniques to complete their manga comic strip. The course focuses on the uniqueness on manga style, such as how to make pages look exciting and attractive within the limitation of monochrome and how to express the character's emotions effectively. At the same time, it includes the very important basic skills like figure drawing. The students are encouraged to use traditional approach to 'draw and plan' pages and to finalise their work in digital form. The aim of the course is to make sure that all the students feel more confident creating manga illustrations and to complete at least two pages of manga style art.
- Young Artists: Drawing, Painting and Sculpting the Figure£335.00Course CodeSC1904319Course DatesMonday - Friday, 24th August - 28th August 2020TutorGail Seres-Woolfson, Rhiannon SalisburyDays5Times10.00am – 4.00pmExperience LevelAges 12-14, All LevelsFee£335LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRYoung Artists is an exciting five day course for ages 12-14 providing high level art tuition, including drawing workshops, contemporary painting, specialist sculpture techniques, and using experimental media. Focused classes create a supportive environment, and there is a strong focus on personal outcomes and solutions to develop independent judgement. Access to specialist materials and facilities improve technical skills, and discussion and presentation sessions build confidence and critical understanding. This course is ideal for those studying a range of arts based GCSE subjects, or wanting to advance their artistic skills and creative confidence.
- Young Artists: Experimentation with Drawing, Painting and Mixed Media£335.00Course CodeSC1904228Course DatesMonday - Friday, 17th August - 21st August 2020TutorAlice Clarke, Emily RussellDays5Times10.00am – 4.00pmExperience LevelAges 12-14, All LevelsFee£335LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRIn this interesting new course, you will experiment with a range of materials that you may not be familiar with, including different paints, textiles, plaster casting and mixed-media. The course aims to help you develop a new range of skills and expand your artistic vocabulary, and culminates in a personal project on the final day where you can translate your ideas and interests into a finished artwork using the techniques and media you have learned about. There will be time for one-to-one guidance and input from the tutor on days 3 to 5, to further help and encourage you to develop your own ideas and artistic projects.
- Young Artists: Fine Art Workshop£335.00Course CodeSC1904120TutorLynne Abrahamson, Zoe ToolanCourse DatesMonday - Friday, 17th August - 21st August 2020Days5Times10.30am – 4.30pmExperience LevelAges 15-17, All LevelsFee£335LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRAn inspiring five day course for ages 15-17 providing a skills-based experience and expert tuition in a range of materials and techniques. The programme is taught by specialist tutors who are also professional, practicing artists. Access to portrait models and contemporary painting and sculpture techniques provides a unique opportunity to develop new skills. Students develop their painting style encompassing portraiture and mixed media abstraction, along with a day exploring kinetic sculpture. This is an ideal course for those studying arts subjects who wish to develop coursework, create new work for their portfolio, develop new techniques and skills, and further existing abilities in a professional art school environment. Please note, you must complete a consent form before your child can join our Young Artists programme. This form is available for download here. Please email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your child may also bring a completed hard-copy version of this form with them on the first day of their course.
- Young Artists – Fine Art Workshop: Latex and Textile£275.00Course CodeSC1904025TutorLynne AbrahamsonCourse DatesMonday - Thursday, 24th August - 27th August 2020Days4Times10.00am – 4.00pmExperience LevelAges 15-17, All LevelsFee£275LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRThis exciting new course aims to introduce GCSE and A-Level students to the use of textiles, embroidery and latex in contemporary art; this will enable you to expand your artistic vocabulary, develop your portfolio and experiment with mediums that you may not be very familiar with. Each day will begin with an introduction to artists who use textiles in their work, to inspire you and contextualise the lessons. In the morning, you will be taught different techniques and in the afternoon, you will apply these techniques to a project (either your own idea or one suggested by the tutor). Please note, you must complete a consent form before your child can join our Young Artists programme. This form is available for download here. Please email your completed form to email@example.com. Your child may also bring a completed hard-copy version of this form with them on the first day of their course.