We’re based in Southwark, in the heart of London’s energetic creative scene. We have two sites, our main campus Mermaid Court (near London Bridge) and our Newington building (near Elephant and Castle).
Mermaid Court is only a 10-minute walk from the Tate Modern and White Cube Bermondsey galleries, and close to the Bankside Cultural Quarter, which includes historic Borough Market and the Globe Theatre. The campus comprises two buildings, which include:
- a specialist wood and metal workshop;
- a specialist print studio;
- a ceramics and stone-carving studio, with both ceramic and glass kilns;
- six teaching studios; and
- a digital suite equipped for video editing, photography and filming, photographic retouching, printing and more
Our grade-II listed Newington site, in lively Elephant and Castle, is a short distance from galleries, museums and theatres, including the Southbank Centre arts complex and Hayward Gallery. At Newington, you’ll find:
- our library, with a wonderful selection of books and brand-new laptops to support you in your studies;
- dedicated studio spaces for our Foundation, BA (Stage 2 & 3) and FD students to work on their personal projects; and
- and a beautiful double-height gallery where our annual Graduate Shows take place.