We offer a range of online courses as well as tutorials all of which are taught by our expert tutors who are specialists in their respected fields. Our Online Tutorials are designed to give students remote access to feedback and discussions about their work and advice on how to improve techniques and develop their skills. Tutors will be able to supply students with exercises and tasks they can then complete in their own time.
Each tutorial slot will last either 30 or 60 minutes, during which your tutor will talk to you remotely via Zoom. You can use this time to discuss through any ideas surrounding your artistic practice and how to develop your work. Once your session is booked the Academy will be in contact with you about the different options available to get in contact with the tutor.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the preferred date and time for your tutorial and we will organise it for you.
Please note, our courses are only suitable and available for students 18 years old and above. We have a variety of courses specifically designed for under 18’s as part of our Young Artists programme.
We ask that you do not take video recordings or photos during tutorials.
- Art History – Renaissance to Romanticism- 500 Years of European Art – Part 2£95.00Course CodeOC2003AH11TutorDaniel GreaneyCourse DatesMondays, 17th May - 21st June 2021, NO TEACHING ON 31st MayDays5Times6.15pm – 7.45pmExperience LevelAll LevelsFee£95LocationOnlineThis course traces the developments and trends, which dominated European art, from the dawn of the Renaissance in the early 15th Century, through to the first decades of the 19th Century when Romanticism came to the fore in both art and literature. We will explore the social, cultural and political factors, which contributed to the practices of painters and sculptors from a range of European locations. We will discover how many of these styles were often a reaction against those preceding them.MORE INFO
- Digital Photography for Beginners – Online£135.00Course CodeOC2003098TutorKaterina IacovidesCourse DatesWednesdays, 12th May - 9th June 2021Days5Times5.45pm - 7.45pmExperience LevelBeginnerFee£135LocationOnlineThis course gives students with their own Digital SLR the chance to learn how to properly use it over 5 weeks. Your experienced tutor will guide you step by step through the functions on your individual camera model and how you can move away from auto modes in order to create stunning, professional looking images. Students will learn about Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, File types and everything else you need to get a quality exposure in a variety of environments. The course will teach you about the technical nature of photography as well as how to compose better images. If you have found it frustrating trying to get the most out of your Digital SLR this great value course is the solution you have been after.MORE INFO
- Young Artists: Drawing and Sculpting the Head – Online courseFrom: £120.00Course CodeOC2004019TutorAlice ClarkeCourse DatesMonday - Friday, 26th July - 30th July 2021Days5Times10am - 12.30pmExperience LevelAges 11-17, All LevelsFee£120LocationOnlineThis Young Artist course is a new and exciting five day ONLINE course for those who are at least 11 years old. We are offering a high level of tuition in drawing and sculpting focusing on the human head. Students who would like to learn how to accurately represent individual features of a face in 2D as well as in 3D will find that this course is helping them with their artistic skills and creative confidence. The course will culminate in a self-portrait bust made in clay. Prior to the course start, students can purchase materials pack that will contain everything they will need to join the course including - a sketchbook, pencils, air-drying clay and other materials. (in UK only).MORE INFO
- Online Tutorial£30.00 – £60.00Course DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60You can book a tutorial with one of the Art Academy's tutors even if you are unsure which tutor is the best suited for you. We will discuss your interests with you and make a recommendation for the best suited tutor.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Annabel MacIver£30.00 – £60.00TutorAnnabel MacIverCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectDrawingAnnabel teaches drawing for those who are beginning their journey in art or picking it up after a long break, and is also an experienced life drawing tutor. She focuses on building confidence in mark making and helping students to develop their drawing skills and style using a range of tools. Annabel works across media including print, mainly collagraph and etching.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Beñat Olaberria£30.00 – £60.00TutorBeñat OlaberriaCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectPainting and DrawingBeñat is an abstract artist who focuses his teaching in helping his students understand the basic principles of drawing and painting while he helps them find their own interests and visual language by encouraging creativity and experimentation in their mark-making and use of media.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Carl Randall£30.00 – £60.00TutorCarl RandallCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectPainting and DrawingCarl is a figurative painter, who is interested in helping students grasp the fundamentals of painting and drawing. Lessons in shape, tone and colour are designed to simplify the process of rendering the visual world, with the aim of helping students gain confidence in their own painting and drawing skills. Exercises based on still-life or portraiture are often used, taught in logical and manageable steps. He also enjoys teaching composition, and assisting students with their own personal, self-directed projects.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Eigil Nordstrøm£30.00 – £60.00TutorEigil NordstrømCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectPainting, Drawing, Artistic PracticeEigil's practice as an artist is centered around painting, but also involves drawing, photography. He is a very versatile and enthusiastic teacher, covering all levels of drawing, painting and artistic practice. This includes students looking for their first basic introduction, through intermediate students wanting to push their technical skills and discover their own style of painting, to degree level students developing critical context, lateral thinking and professional development. He also specialises in perspective drawing, landscape and interior painting.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Gail Seres-Woolfson£30.00 – £60.00TutorGail Seres-WoolfsonCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectPainting, Drawing, Collage and AbstractionGail teaches a variety of painting and drawing classes, supporting and encouraging students to develop their skills and style. She is a warm and personable tutor, equally popular with beginners and more advanced students. Gail’s own work focuses on the urban landscape, abstraction and mixed media painting and collage, and as well as these areas she offers tuition for drawing and painting (acrylics and oils) across the fundamentals including tone, colour, measurement, portraiture, perspective and working from photographs. Gail is also delighted to work with students to pursue their own artistic projects.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Jackie Smith£30.00 – £60.00TutorJackie SmithCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectPainting and PrintmakingJackie specialises in supporting beginner students with ways into figurative and landscape painting, and printmaking. Focusing on exploring composition, tone and colour using acrylic paint, she can help to direct students to develop their own practice with exercises and ideas to work on their own. Jackie also works in relief and intaglio printmaking and can help print students who have some experience and some basic printmaking tools at home to develop their ideas and skills.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Jessica Wetherly£30.00 – £60.00TutorJessica WetherlyCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectSculpture and InstallationJessica excels at finding practical solutions to manifest ideas into reality and is interested in helping you discover meaning to your making within a wider contemporary and historical context. A training in figurative and portrait sculpture forms the foundation to Jessica's practice with traditional techniques of modelling, moulding and casting. She is able to help students work with composition, anatomy, form and the architecture of space, applying core principals of observation to a variety of mediums. Jessica provides step by step methods to provide access for beginners whilst improving and directing intimidate and advanced students. Jessica teaches an array of drawing, sculpture, installation and critical practice.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Kate Dunn£30.00 – £60.00TutorKate DunnCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectDrawing and PaintingHaving studied in both a classical and contemporary setting, Kate has a breadth of knowledge spanning drawing and painting. Her teaching style takes its roots in ‘the methods of the masters’; considering how classical techniques can be applied to classes at any stage. Encouraging a questioning of the choices we make when creating an artwork, she urges students to recognise their habits, tastes and ticks, (even beginners have them!), furthering a deeper understanding of why and what we are attracted to.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Lucy Smallbone£30.00 – £60.00TutorLucy SmallboneCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectPainting with Oils, Acrylics and WatercolourLucy is a colourful semi abstract landscape painter that specilises in oil paint, acrylic and watercolour. Students will learn a more expressive style of painting with a focus on finding their style and mark that suits them. Students will be taken through the basics of colour mixing, tone and paint styles which will help them to gain confidence and knowledge to push their painting practice forward.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Lynne Abrahamson£30.00 – £60.00TutorLynne AbrahamsonCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectSculpture and TextilesLynne teaches Sculpture and Textiles and in her classes, she introduces students to a whole range of materials and artists in order to inspire and enable them to push their ideas and their practice in unexpected ways. Lynne has over 10 years experience working 1:1 and is skilled at listening in order to find out where a student is at and helping him/her to reach the next stage on their artistic journey. Lynne is passionate about materials and techniques and experiments with a whole range in her own practice, from thread and embroidery to latex, wire, fabric and cotton wool, to create 2-D and 3-D forms!MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Natasha Lien£30.00 – £60.00TutorNatasha LienCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectDrawing and Painting in Watercolour, Acrylic and OilNatasha is a figurative artist who has many years of experience in teaching all levels of students from beginners to advanced. she caters to each individual students needs and encourages students to develop fundamental two dimensional skills such as tone, structure, measurement, composition and colour mixing whilst looking at art history and getting inspiration from the great masters. Online lessons will include copying paintings and photos as well as working from observation, covering all subject matters, still life, portraiture and landscapes. Natasha also encourages students to develop personal projects.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Nevine Fathy£30.00 – £60.00TutorNevine FathyCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectDrawing and PaintingNevine is a figurative artist, who focuses on teaching the fundamentals of representational drawing and painting. Students are guided through exercises to gain confidence in their skills while exploring their own unique artistic voice. Regardless of their level of experience, Nevine is enthusiastic about guiding students of all levels through their creative journey and will be giving suggestions and recommendations for their art practice beyond the class.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Nicholas McLeod£30.00 – £60.00TutorNicholas McLeodCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectPainting: Oil and AcrylicNicholas specialises in painting with an emphasis on understanding the basic principles that underpin the medium: by helping students to understand colour mixing, paint application and tone, each student can start to develop a strong foundation on which to base their own practice. Nicholas is also interested in contextualising contemporary practice within a wider art historical field and enjoys helping others to navigate this in regards to their own painting.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Rachael Ball£30.00 – £60.00TutorRachael BallCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectDrawing, Painting, Writing and Illustration
Rachael is passionate about visual storytelling and creating children’s picture books as a means of self-expression; for creating wonder or just for pure pleasure. At the start of your tutorial, she will identify your strengths and needs so that she can give you the best feedback to support you. Whether that’s refining your current children’s book or creating a story and characters from scratch. If you require further sessions she will create a step by step program to enable you to create a successful children’s book. During the program you will look at various authors and illustrators approaches to visual storytelling whilst developing your own ideas and style. Rachael recognises the importance of our emotions in our learning and sees building confidence and finding our own visual vocabulary as key to finding our own unique style.MORE INFO
- Online Tutorials with Zoe Toolan£30.00 – £60.00TutorZoe ToolanCourse DatesVarious datesTimes30 minutes slots, 60 minutes slotsFee£30, £60SubjectDrawing, Live Art, MultidisciplinaryZoe regards teaching as an art in its own right and sees it as a vital part of her own practice. She's an experienced and energetic tutor who passionately believes that drawing is the key to understanding yourself, other people and the world around you, as well as being the gateway to all other artistic disciplines. Through an individually tailored mix of discussion, practical application, art history and contemporary context, Zoe will work with you to build a supportive framework to identify and further your artistic goals.MORE INFO
Art Academy Moodle
165A Borough High Street
London SE1 1HR
Newington: +44 (0) 20 7701 2880
OFFICE OPENING HOURS
9.00am – 5.00pm