This page was updated on 15 July 2021
Welcome to our dedicated Health & Safety page where you can find the latest information on what the Academy is doing to keep its community safe through the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
We are following Government advice and working in collaboration with representatives from not only from within our community, but also suppliers, external contractors, local businesses, Southwark Council and local bid group, Better Bankside, to put in place a range of measures to protect all our visitors on site.
While social distancing and wearing face coverings may no longer be legal requirements from 19th July 2021, the threat from Covid-19 remains real. As such, in order to continue safeguarding the health and wellbeing of everyone within our community, and in line with government advice, the Academy continues to expect and recommend that all its visitors continue to wear a face mask and socially distance wherever possible.
Some of the other measures we’re keeping in place include:
- Increased frequency of cleaning of sites and equipment
- Controlling the movement of people around our buildings
- Additional provision of handwashing and sanitising stations
- Clear signage, guidance and communication
- Temperature checks and QR codes for all upon arrival
How you can make a difference:
- Self-isolate if you have symptoms of Covid-19
- Socially distance as much as possible
- Wear a face covering, unless medically exempt
- Ensure good hygiene by washing and/or sanitising hands more often
- Ensure good respiratory hygiene by sneezing or coughing into a tissue (throw it away and wash your hands afterwards)
- Adhere to the Academy’s Covid-safe measures
- Be considerate of others – If you notice that someone has overlooked these guidelines, please let them know in a friendly and polite way. Or if someone reminds you of your own slip up, please don’t take offence – we are all just trying to keep each other safe.
Other COVID-19 FAQs