- Laura N-TamaraDigital Animation£145.00Course CodeEC2001097TutorLaura Nasir-TamaraDays5Course DatesMondays, 9th November - 7th December 2020Times6.30pm - 9.00pmExperience LevelAll LevelsFee£145LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRThe aim of this course is to give students an introduction to Animation in Photoshop as well as understanding the basic principles of animation. It will be a drawing-focused animation course and students will be encouraged to develop their style and storytelling ideas. Through a series of exercises and creative briefs, we will come to understand the principles of animation while encouraging students to explore their creativity. It is a follow-up to the Digital illustration course but we will cover photoshop basics again for those who are only interested in learning about animation.MORE INFO
- Digital Illustration£145.00Course CodeEC2001094TutorLaura Nasir-TamaraCourse DatesMondays, 5th October - 2nd November 2020Days5Times6.30pm - 9.00pmExperience LevelAll LevelsFee£145LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRThe aim of this course is to give students a solid overview of the many possibilities Photoshop offers in terms of digital drawing. Each class will be exploring a different type of illustration, including portraiture, character design and environment design, using references and learning how to move away from them to develop every participant’s own visual language. As well as thinking about principles of illustration and drawing that can apply to all media, the aim of this course is to acquire a comprehensive set of digital skills through a series of creative exercises and briefs.MORE INFO
- Digital Photography for Beginners£145.00Course CodeEC2001098TutorKaterina IacovidesCourse DatesTuesdays, 6th October - 3rd November 2020Days5Times6.30pm - 9.00pmExperience LevelBeginnerFee£145LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRThis course gives students with their own Digital SLR the chance to learn how to properly use it over 5 weeks. Your experienced tutor will guide you step by step through the functions on your individual camera model and how you can move away from auto modes in order to create stunning, professional looking images. Students will learn about Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, File types and everything else you need to get a quality exposure in a variety of environments. The course will teach you about the technical nature of photography as well as how to compose better images. If you have found it frustrating trying to get the most out of your Digital SLR this great value course is the solution you have been after.MORE INFO
- Digital SLR Photography – Landscape, Portraits and Still Life£145.00Course CodeEC2001099TutorKaterina IacovidesCourse DatesTuesdays, 10th November - 8th December 2020Days5Times6.30pm - 9.00pmExperience LevelBeginner+Fee£145LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRThis course will build on your existing photography skills and introduce different types of specialist photography. You will learn more about how to use your camera as well as gaining a technical overview of how to photograph landscapes, portraits & still lives successfully. You will also gain lighting and post production tips to help take your photography to the next level. This course is an ideal way for you to get the most out of your camera and explore which aspects of photography you might wish to develop further.MORE INFO
- Introduction to Photoshop Techniques£145.00Course CodeEC2001096TutorKaterina IacovidesCourse DatesWednesdays, 14th October - 11th November 2020Days5Times6.30pm - 9.00pmExperience LevelAll LevelsFee£145LocationArt Academy London, 165A Mermaid Court, SE1 1HRThis course will guide you through the basics of editing and creating imagery in Photoshop. It has become one of the most integral tools for the development of any contemporary art practice. Whether you are a photographer retouching photographs, a painter working out compositions or a sculptor editing photos of your work, the seemingly endless potential of this software can improve your artistic production. Your experienced tutor will guide you step by step through the basics of Photoshop including Layers, Masks, Colour Balancing and Flaw Correction. The course is designed so that students can learn technical skills in the software whilst also working on projects relevant to their interests.MORE INFO
We currently do not have any Digital Evening Classes planned for the summer term and we will be resuming our programme in this subject in Autumn 2020.
If you wish to be kept up to date with when courses are announced please subscribe to our Newsletter below.
Art Academy Moodle
165A Borough High Street
London SE1 1HR
Newington: +44 (0) 20 7701 2880
OFFICE OPENING HOURS
9.00am – 5.00pm