Young Artists is an exciting five day course for ages 12-14 providing high level art tuition, including drawing workshops, contemporary painting, specialist sculpture techniques, and using experimental media. Focused classes create a supportive environment, and there is a strong focus on personal outcomes and solutions to develop independent judgement. Access to specialist materials and facilities improve technical skills, and discussion and presentation sessions build confidence and critical understanding. This course is ideal for those studying a range of arts based GCSE subjects, or wanting to advance their artistic skills and creative confidence.
During this course we’ll cover:
- How to use a range of exciting drawing techniques and experiment with materials such as charcoal and chalk
- Key skills for painting the figure, how to plan the composition, mix colour, approach the body and depict volume
- Using mixed media and collage, understanding abstract approaches
- Learning new sculptural techniques such as clay figure sculpture
- Taking an artwork through from concept to completion, and discussing and presenting ideas and artworks
Please be aware that on Friday the course will finish at 4.30pm.
Please note, you must complete a consent form before your child can join our Young Artists programme. This form is available to fill in here. This is an interactive electronic form. You can fill it in and sign online. If you prefer to download the form in a pdf format and/or print a paper copy then you can follow this link. In this case, please email your completed form to email@example.com or post it to Art Academy London, Mermaid Court, 165a Borough High Street, London SE1 1HR.