An inspiring five day course for ages 15-17 providing a skills-based experience and expert tuition in a range of materials and techniques. The programme is taught by specialist tutors who are also professional, practicing artists. Access to portrait models and contemporary painting and sculpture techniques provides a unique opportunity to develop new skills. Students develop their painting style encompassing portraiture and mixed media abstraction, along with a day exploring kinetic sculpture. This is an ideal course for those studying arts subjects who wish to develop coursework, create new work for their portfolio, develop new techniques and skills, and further existing abilities in a professional art school environment.
During this course we’ll cover the following topics:
- Exploring kinetic sculpture and concepts of motion and change in art.
- Sculpting the figure in clay and plaster.
- In depth understanding of abstraction in painting using mixed media.
- Recapping the fundamentals of painting such as tone and colour.
- Developing a portrait painting, using two portrait models.
Please note, you must complete a consent form before your child can join our Young Artists programme. This form is available for download here. Please email your completed form to email@example.com. Your child may also bring a completed hard-copy version of this form with them on the first day of their course.