Young Artists is an exciting four day course for ages 12-14 providing high level art tuition, including drawing workshops, contemporary painting, specialist sculpture techniques, and using experimental media. Focused classes create a supportive environment, and there is a strong focus on personal outcomes and solutions to develop independent judgement. Access to specialist materials and facilities improve technical skills, and discussion and presentation sessions build confidence and critical understanding. This course is ideal for those studying a range of arts based GCSE subjects, or wanting to advance their artistic skills and creative confidence.
During this course we’ll cover:
- How to use a range of exciting drawing techniques and experiment with materials such as charcoal and chalk
- Key skills for painting the figure, how to plan the composition, mix colour, approach the body and depict volume
- Using mixed media and collage, understanding abstract approaches
- Learning new sculptural techniques such as clay figure sculpture
- Taking an artwork through from concept to completion, and discussing and presenting ideas and artworks
Please note, you must complete a consent form before your child can join our Young Artists programme. This form is available for download here. Please email your completed form to email@example.com. Your child may also bring a completed hard-copy version of this form with them on the first day of their course.