This five-day course encourages students aged 15 to 17 to utilise traditional and digital techniques to create pages for comics and graphic novels, including character design and development, visual storytelling, colouring and lettering. By the end of the course, students will have produced at least two full-colour pages of comic-strip art that will be published in an end-of-course booklet.
This course is ideal for students of all skill levels, from those looking to advance their artistic skills and creative confidence to those looking to increase an interest in a subject that isn’t their favourite!
During this course we’ll cover the following topics:
- Character design.
- Creating a world for your characters to inhabit.
- Visual storytelling – the ‘language’ of comics.
- Creating a storyline; Inking tools and techniques.
- Digital colouring and lettering.
- Preparing work for digital and print publishing.