Artist and former Head of Drawing at the Art Academy, Brendan Kelly, paid us a visit today to judge the Art Academy Drawing Prize. The prize is open to any student studying on one of our academic programmes and the winner receives £100. Join us in congratulating winner Natalie Kalmus Eliasz for her charcoal, chalk and ink on lining paper drawing ‘Boy Wonder’ – well done Natalie!
It was no easy feat for Brendan to choose a winner so we have five commendations to:
- Ann Dowden for her charcoal drawing ‘Dows Hall’
- SK Dunbar for her drawing ‘Richard’
- Jonathan Faragher for his printed digital drawing ‘Detection technology: The New Interrogating the Old’
- Katy Cook for her piece ‘Winter Time’ – mixed media on paper bound as a book
- Clare Welfare for her piece ‘Disruption’ – pastel, pencil and ink on wood